1.19.2014

hair meltdown

Confession: I have totally melted my poor follicles and I only care a little bit.

In my quest to become a platinum blonde I threw caution to the wind and stripped my hair not only of its color, but also of its precious protein. I have learned a great deal through my journey, about myself, my hair, and self-control (and how I don't have even an ounce to speak of). I have managed to come close to my goal, becoming platinum blonde in places but also yellowish, and if left unwashed and untoned, a dreaded strawberry blonde.

I pride myself on knowing when to quit things (soccer, basketball, everything else) and this hair is one of them. When I wash it my hair feels like it's full of soap, even when it's not. It stretches inches beyond where it's actually grown like a rubber band and general creeps everyone out.

The only solution with such a disaster on my hands is to cut ties, literally and start anew. So, without further adieu (hah! anew, adieu, I'm so witty) some of the images I will show my ever patient and non-judgmental-to-my-face stylist on February the 6th:

                                                                              The very similar but ever-so-slightly shorter
The ever-lovely Michelle Williams Pixie                           Carey Mulligan rendition
from here
from here

Once the initial cut is made I'm hoping to transition to the styles these lovely ladies grew out.

from here
from here






















Wish me luck!